In power experimentations how a developer is formed?
Think of the prominent names in Singapore’s software engineering scene. Put some of them under one roof, and let them go forth and create. There are no KPIs. No bureaucracy. No turf wars. Just pure, unadulterated experimentation. That in essence is Singapore Power’s new digital technology team which began forming about two months ago. Singapore Power Developer is the government linked utilities company that runs the country’s power and gas supply.
Leading the team is Chang Sau Sheong a veteran engineering manager of 17 years whose run teams at HP Labs, Yahoo, and Garena. He’s assembling what amounts to the Avengers of Singapore computer programming, partly consisting of:
- Winston Teo: chief organizer of Red Dot Ruby Conf. Stints at Pivotal, Neo Innovation, Wego, and IBM
- Subhransu Behera: PayPal, SAP, and Red Hat
- Michael Cheng: organizer of the PHP user group. Stints at Pivotal, Neo Innovation, and Migme
- Chew Choon Keat: Slide share, Shared Copy, and Gimmie
- Sayanee Basu: LTA and Ricoh. Organizes Hack ware and maintains We Build
We are old friends. They started talking to me hey what are you doing? Why did you join Singapore Power? Sau Sheong recalls. So I told them. I always added another question: interested anot? And then they had think about it Sounds interesting let’s talk more.